Tavern Quay will achieve Level 3 or 4 Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH). Homeowners can enjoy financial and environmental benefits of achieving high code for Sustainable Home. The Code measures the sustainability of a home against nine design categories, rating the ‘whole home’ as a complete package.
Design categories are: Energy and CO2 Emissions, Water, Materials, Water Run-off, Waste, Pollution, Health and Wellbeing, Management and Ecology.
Tavern Quay homes are built with energy and water-efficiency in mind
They feature a high quality, highly insulated building shell with low air-permeability. Other efficiencies include:
- Low energy lighting installed throughout every unit.
- Hot water and heating from a combined heat and power (CHP) plant.
- Low water use sanitary ware with dual-flush WCs.
- ‘Nest’ wifi-controlled thermostats that allow the central heating to be controlled by a smartphone app from anywhere in the world – providing convenience, economy and sustainability.
- High ‘u’ value.
- Use of revolutionary building materials.
The most sustainable environments are those that have surfaces that don’t demand constant maintenance. nanoShell’s approach to creating a sustainable future environment is ground breaking.
- Performs far longer than traditional toxic coatings.
- State of the art German technology.
- NanoShell’s glass coatings provide a long lasting durable layer of protection.
- Exterior surfaces no longer need regular cleaning as the invisible coatings self-clean with rainwater, meaning that debris will not stick on the surface.
- Reduce your commute and create a home office since ample space is provided for plug sockets and a telephone point close to a desk.